Dress Your House For Success
Spending a few hours beautifying your house can go a
long way toward a quick sale at top dollar. Taking the
time now to look at several key areas will result in a
dramatic increase in serious buyers.
These few steps are a must for any home seller to
1. Take a walk through your house with a "buyers"
perspective. Is the house warm and inviting, or
does it look run-down, old and cluttered?
2. Touch-up paint in all rooms. If the existing paint
is especially unsightly, paint the entire room with
a neutral color.
3. The most examined rooms in the house are the
kitchen and the bathrooms. Make sure these rooms
shine by removing all clutter, caulking around sinks
and tubs, and cleaning all fixtures. Dripping faucets
are easy to fix yourself.
4. Prepare for a showing the same way you would
prepare for friends coming over. Make beds, pick
up clothing, sweep and mop as needed. It should
be easy for prospective buyers to move throughout
5. Buyers will be interested in storage space in your
house. Make sure your closets are clean and clutter-
free. If you have clothes that you're not wearing,
consider moving these to a storage facility to make
your closets look more spacious.
6. Too much furniture can make a room look small and
cramped. Consider moving extra chairs or tables to
a storage facility as well.
7. What is the first thing your prospective buyers will
see? Your front door. Make sure your door and entry
are spotless. Paint if needed, and place a few bright
flowers along the sidewalk.
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX Central.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.